Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Real Housewives of Atlanta: A Season in Review

Another season of the ATL "housewives" (using the term LOOSELY because only 3 out of 6 are married) is over...and only one word comes to mind in describing it...DRAMA!!!!!

Two new women joined the cast this season, celebrity lawyer Phaedra Parks and supermodel Cynthia Bailey, and both brought their own personality and success to the show. And of course returning cast members NeNe Leakes, Sheree Whitfield, Kandi Burruss, and Kim Zolciak brought the same antics and DRAMA that we have come to love.

This season saw a lot of ups and downs for these ladies, but it looks like they all got through it (until the reunion, of course). First off, Phaedra Parks learned how to juggle a career and motherhood, after giving birth to a beautiful baby boy named Aiden. I was turned off to Phaedra at first because of her "know-it-all" attitude and her constant referral of herself as a "southern belle". Honey, I am a SOUTHERN BELLE too, but we don't have to say it 24/7. Also, I didn't like her OVER THE TOP baby shower, "sit & see" (I am from NC & I NEVER heard of that...I think she made it up), and how she was lying about her baby's due date just to keep from admitting that she got pregnant before she got married. That is why I constantly referred to her on Twitter as "FAKEdra". However, I began to like her after she had the baby and saw that she was going to be a good mother, although she does have a husband who looks like he will take GREAT care of him too. I also LOVED her sense of humor and overall fun side (strippers...HELLO), plus how she was quick to confront Kim at the spa.

Speaking of Kim, I am 100% OVER this lady!!!!! Not only did she continue to try to sing, but she took her non-singing self ON TOUR w/ Kandi. I just can't how Kandi felt after that because I would have lost my mind w/ her calling her "slave" Sweetie all the time the whole time. I just can't take all of the wigs, smoking and drinking plus I also didn't like how she took some subtle jabs at my hometown (Charlotte, NC) when they stopped on the tour. And her love-hate relationship with NeNe is getting really old. I'm glad that she is done with "Big Papa" & moved on to her own unattached man, with whom she is expecting a baby.

I am glad that Kandi was able to make a little mini-comeback this season (even though I don't think her voice is what it once was). I am also glad that she FINALLY confronted Kim about getting her money for "Tardy for the Party". I also liked the work that she did for Lawrence, but I want to see Kandi with a LOVE interest next season, because she was getting a little too FREAKY on her web show & always talking about sex. She is supposed to be celibate but I just think she needs to get her some (LOL).


Sheree took a different road this season...no more She By Sheree for now...she's an ACTRESS now (-_-). Outside of her comical courtship with the fake doctor (which yielded its own funny moments from Sheree's gold digger/bougie mindset). But she did it legit...got a acting coach, took head shots, got an agent, and had several auditions. After all that, you would think that she would be humble and try to LEARN something...but NOOOOO. She argued w/ the panel at the audition, including a feisty Terri Vaughn...but SOMEHOW she got the part. Good luck w/ your "acting career" Sheree..SMH

Cynthia...Cynthia...Cynthia!!!!! In the "What Were You Thinking?" moment of the season, she married Peter amid ALL of their problems. They not only have money problems, they have communication problems and I don't think that they should have gotten married right then. They should have postponed their elaborate wedding (that they were scraping money together for) and just gotten married at the courthouse. A BIG wedding could have come later. I did find out a lot of things about her supermodel past & that her baby daddy is LEON (aka David Ruffin...my BOO cuz he is FINE) and that she might be a little crazy on the side (friend contracts and stuff).

Last but not least is my FAVORITE housewife is the one who may not be a "housewife" for much longer...NeNe Leakes!!!! Unfortunately, her marital problems were blasted in the media and on the show, but I am still glad that she tackled them head on & didn't try to downplay them. Of course, NeNe is OVER THE TOP  but she keeps it real & doesn't apologize for it, which is why I keep watching. I do think that she needs to kick her "scrub" of a son Bryson OUT of her house, and I think she needs to work it out if she can with her husband, Gregg. She is a true character who comes up with the BEST one-liners and punchlines, plus some of the best moment of the season came from NeNe, like the infamous "slave" comment on the bus to her "Michael Jackson" joke (too soon???) after her nose surgery. I hope she gets a spin-off although I do think her spats with Kim do make for good TV.

The reunion is next Sunday, February 13th on Bravo!. The DRAMA should be at an ALL-TIME high & I can't wait!!!! Here is a preview:

No comments: