Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

~Elle Shanice~ APPROVED ✔: Tamar Braxton "Love and War"

The highly-anticipated first single from WeTV reality star Tamar Braxton was released on iTunes today. "Love and War" is a ballad that was first heard on her hit show Tamar and Vince and I think that it will be a HIT.

One of the plot lines of this season was when Tamar's album would be released. It's been 12 years since her 1st solo album and Tamar makes it known that she's done with "doo-wop-bop-bopping" behind her older sister Toni Braxton and is ready to be a STAR.

I genuinely like Tamar and her show because just like my girl Nene Leakes, she's funny and crazy and says what she means. I was waiting to hear the finished product to this song since I heard it on the show and I think it is a great choice for a single. The lyrics are powerful and will bring her a lot of fans because they will be able to relate:

We stay on the front lines, but we’re still here after the ball drops
We go so hard, we lose control The fire starts, then we explode 
When the smoke clears, we dry the tears 
Only in love and war
Some of the initial reaction to the song is that it sounds a lot like Toni Braxton, and that the cover for the single resembles her as well. I'm one of the BIGGEST Toni Braxton fans so I know her voice and you can easily tell the difference between them.

First of all, Toni and Tamar are SISTERS so of course they resemble each other, moreso than any of the other Braxton sisters. Secondly, Tamar sang backup for Toni for YEARS and of course she may sound a little like her but you can definitely tell the difference if you really LISTEN.

Listen to Tamar Braxton's first single, "Love and War" below:

1 comment:

Kayla C. said...

I actually like this song. I don't think she sounds at all like Toni, the timbre of her voice is different. Thanks for introducing me!