Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

10 Things I Didn't Like About "The Game" This Week

I was willing to give the new season of "The Game" a chance on a new network, especially after the extensive marketing and promotion of the show. I was also willing to ignore ALL of the criticism that the show would not be as good because it was on BET. I thought that the show would be a revival for the network, but after this "Wing King" episode, I am starting to believe the hype. 

There were SOOOOO many things WRONG with this episode, but I decided to narrow them down to 10:
  1. Tee Tee's WING TRUCK- REALLY???? I'm still mad about this one...must he be pushing CHICKEN? As good of an assistant as he was for Malik, I'm sure that he could have used his skills for a better business venture.
  2. Jaz planting MORE insecurity into Melanie- She is already insecure as it is with the baby mama drama in her life and trying to keep Derwin. I didn't like how Jaz was able to get under Melanie's skin so easily.
  3. Tasha was TOO much- I didn't like how she was heckling Melanie when she was trying to run her bougie yet classy meeting and event. I also didn't like how she didn't defend Melanie when Jaz was talking reckless to her. She actually defended JAZ...& was TOO quick to jump on those sunflower seeds and Now & Laters. I don't wanna wanna use the "G" word, but THAT was GHETTO!
  4. SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND GRAPE DRINK???- & while we are on the subject of sunflower seeds, why did Jaz have to bring that stuff to the Sunbeams' event? I know that they girls took a liking to that over Melanie's sandwiches but why couldn't they try something NEW?
  5. Positive (yet bougie) message from Melanie overrun by Jaz's "Video Girl" fantasy- First of all, I have NOTHING against grown women who make the decision to become video girls for whatever reason. However, it is HARD to send a positive message to young girls that they can be strong and respectable women with people like Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj running around. These women, including Jaz (who went from video girl to groupie, slept with 1/2 the Sabres, and then married one) are the EXCEPTION, not the rule. 
  6. Can Malik NOT function as a grown man on his own???- Must he always have handlers, groupies, or his MAMA by his side? And can I get ONE episode please w/out a crotch or booty shot of a STRIPPER???? & when did lovable Malik become such an A**hole???
  7. Melanie runs the SUNBEAMS now???- Is this the SAME Dr. Melanie Barnette-Davis who finally got through med school and can practice medicine? The one who HATED the Sunbeams all those years??? SMH
  8. Where is "the GAME"???- I know that the show is mainly about the personal lives of the players, but there has always been a football aspect that I haven't seen yet this season. Maybe they are in the off-season...IDK 
  9. Where was JASON?????- He has always been one of my favorite characters because he is PURE COMEDY and after last week's "Dip & Pitts" I wanted to see more of him, but he was nowhere to be found this week. 
  10. Malik arrested hunting chicken & TAZED by a white cop- IDK why but the phrase "Don't taze me bro" came to mind. I know that he was looking for Tee Tee's wing truck but why did he have to put himself in that situation in the first place. 
I hate to say it...but after this episode it is OFFICIAL..."The Game" is going down...FAST!!!!! It keeps getting WORSE & WORSE :-( I would hate to see this show get cancelled AGAIN after all the fighting that its fans did for it. 

No comments: