Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This "4" Album is NOT Beyonce's Best Work

Let me preface this post by saying that I am truly a Beyonce' fan and have been since 1998, when Destiny's Child first came out with the original four members (including Latavia and LeToya). I have all of their albums & Beyonce's first 2 solo ones in my possession. I think that she is one of the all-time great female performers (music...NOT acting).

That being said, I think that she needs to SIT DOWN!!!!! 

I'm not saying that she should quit because she can clearly still put on a great performance and has PLENTY of fans that will keep her records at the top of the charts. You can argue that she doesn't want to take an extended break because she wants to stay at the top, with Rihanna and Lady Gaga hot on her tail.

However, she is EVERYWHERE right now!!!!! On every magazine cover...performing on EVERY TV show and as ths a fan of her music, I think it would be far better for her to take her time and put out quality material instead. And in my opinion, this is NOT her best work but I know that it will do for her DIE-HARD fans. The songs have plenty of tweet-worthy lyrics but it just doesn't do it for me this time. I do like 2 of the songs, "Best Thing I Never Had" and "Party (feat. Andre 3000)", but I think that she could have taken a little more time on this one.

I understand that she is trying to come up with a new sound and of course it wouldn't be a Beyonce' album without dance tracks, power ballads, and high-profile collaborations. I appreciate her digging my guy Andre 3000 up from whether he was, but if Beyonce' is the best then she should have not put out a less-than-Beyonce-caliber product.

The first single "Run The World (Girls)" not the girl-power anthem that it is supposed to be to me, mainly because the chorus is irritatingly repetitive. What ever happened to having ONE record out at a time? I guess because the first one was not the hit she expected (#55 on the Billboard Hot 100 right now; has only reached #29) like "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" she basically "leaked the whole album before the June 28th release date.

I believe that Beyonce' is going to continue her career for years and will be still be performing like the greats such as Tina Turner, Cher, and Celine Dion. But right now, I think that she is all over the place and I'm honestly tired of her. Go on and have a baby or something...you can come back and your fans will still be there.

PS: Did anyone else notice that EVERY TIME Kelly Rowland has a hit single ("Motivation"), Beyonce' has to come out RIGHT behind her??? Hmmmmmmmmm #justanobservation


No comments: