Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Justice Deprived For An Innocent Child

Casey Anthony acquitted of the murder of her daughter, Caylee. 
Let me preface this post by saying that I'm NOT a lawyer and was not following the case very closely. I'm just familiar enough with the situation to have formed an opinion on it. That being said...

This was a sad case that has come to an even more sad conclusion. I was surprised when it was announced that the jury had come back with a verdict so quickly, but I figured that when everyone KNOWS the answer then there wasn't much to talk about. My surprise quickly turned to SHOCK when the verdict was read...NOT GUILTY.

Charge after charge upheld this verdict, except for the four counts of lying to the police, which served as my DUH!!!!! moment in the whole thing. How could you say that she lied to the police but did NOT commit murder? We KNOW that she lied to the police when she said that she didn't kill her daughter Caylee.

This entire case really hurt my heart. I understand if you were a young mother and could not handle raising your child, but I just don't understand how any mother could KNOW her child was "missing" and be partying instead of searching day & night to find them. I know that she was proven innocent (though guilty in the court of public opinion) but if you can't deal with the responsibility, but there are so many options other that killing your child. Adoption, foster care, other family or friends...SOMEONE else in this world could have loved this precious little girl if you didn't. Especially with all of the people who want children but can't have them...

RIP Caylee Anthony (August 9, 2005-June 16, 2008)
There was a LOT of comparison between Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson's acquittal of murder in 1995 and at first I thought it was similar, but I think that there will be a special place in hell for what Casey Anthony did (or "didn't do" since she was acquitted). Also, there was talk about how if Casey Anthony were black that the verdict would have been different.

While I did think this at first, I will not play the race card on this one. All I can say is that no matter what we believe, only she & God know what happened to Caylee and she has the rest of her life to deal with this. Although we think that the verdict was wrong and a crude misuse of justice, God will be the only one that she will have to answer to.


No comments: