Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

~Elle Shanice~ APPROVED ✔: Miss Angola Named Miss Universe


I have a confession: I have an inner beauty queen inside of me that loves to watch beauty pageants.

The gowns, swimsuits, poise, elegance, grace...I just LOVE it. I have been in a couple pageants myself (Miss North Meck in 2005 and Miss A&T in 2009) but I have NO idea how nerve-racking it is to be in one at the level of Miss Universe.

I turned to the pageant last night and see the Top 10 finalists. After seeing that Miss Angola was the only black finalist left, I immediately started cheering for her.



It was great to see an African country represented and a black woman being in the running. I always cheer for the black contestants because I want young black girls to know that they are beautiful too. Having good and diverse examples of black beauty and beauty in general is important to me in what I want to teach young girls.


Leila is SOOOOO pretty and I'm HAPPY and proud that this beautiful black woman was chosen for the title of Miss Universe. She looked AMAZING in her evening gown, which I'm sure there will be some recreations made very soon. I look forward to seeing her serve during her reign.

CONGRATULATIONS TO LEILA FOR BEING NAMED MISS UNIVERSE!!!!!


Learn more about Leila Lopes, the new Miss Universe 2011 on the official website here! Also, enjoy this video of her answering questions...she is so poised and elegant :-)

No comments: