Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TNT is Wrong To Cancel "HawthoRNe"

Last week brought bad news for my Tuesday night TV lineup...HawthoRNe starring Jada Pinkett-Smith had been cancelled after three seasons.

My initial reaction was NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! How could TNT cancel a show with such a DIVERSE cast (i.e. more than ONE black or latino actor in it) when it was getting SO good? The 3rd season was the best one yet and it's CRAZY to end the show after a cliffhanger like THAT!

There was so much drama going on from episode 1, such as:

  1. Christina and Tom got married
  2. She was attacked as she walked to her car
  3. She lost her & Tom's baby (or what it Renata's?) and had a breakdown that required therapy 
  4. She was fired from her job & replaced by her "best friend"Bobbie
  5. Her relationship with Nick Renata rekindled (including a steamy love scene)
  6. Nick Renata is SHOT...BY TOM (I think)
*Not to mention her daughter Camille's "almost" affair with another doctor (who was married & led to her getting the taste SLAPPED out of her mouth in the ER by his wife after their son got sick after being in her care). 

I have been a fan of this show since season 1 but was glued to my TV this season every Tuesday night at 10pm. I always thought that Christina was settling with Tom and that she truly loved Nick & should have been with him anyways. Now I will never know what happened to Renata, how Christina reacted to it, and if she ran to his deathbed like she did his mother's for him. 

I have SO many questions now that I know the show is over...Is Renata DEAD? Did Tom really shoot him? If so, will she leave him? The world may NEVER know...but I say make a HawthoRNe MOVIE!!!!!!!


Now with HawthoRNe and Stacey Dash leaving Single Ladies...What am I supposed to watch on TV now????? SMH

No comments: