Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Chris Brown & Rihanna Should Get Back Together...If They Want To

First of all, I want to say Happy New Year to all of my new & returning readers!!!!! This will be my 3rd year of blogging & I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you in 2012. 

That being said, I'm gonna start off the new year of posts with a (still) touchy subject, with everybody from Oprah to Jay-Z putting their two cents into this Chris Brown/Rihanna conversation. 


However, I think that enough time has passed for these two grown people (Rihanna is 23 & Chris is 22) to decide if they want to get back together. Yes, Chris has a "girlfriend" now (I use the term loosely) and Rihanna has been linked to Matt Kemp & Drake among others. However, it is obvious to me that these two do not have each other out of their system. 


I have always said that I do not care much about the personal lives of celebrities and I usually only comment on what they do in the public eye. Which is why I say that if they want to get back together, they should be able to no matter what other people think. Although I know that people would not leave it alone if they did (and they may lose fans because of it), I do think that you can't help who you fall in love with. If Chris Brown convinces Rihanna that he has changed and she's willing to move on with him, then they should be able to. 

Rumors of a reunion started when they started following each other again on Twitter (which even I know that you should watch what you say on there). They also gave us subtweets that led most people to believe that they were for each other (see right). 


They both released albums in 2011 that had songs which point to possible feelings still being there. I actually have both cd's, have listened to them all the way through several times, and my conclusion is that they OBVIOUSLY still have feelings for each other despite the situation. 


I wish Chris Brown & Rihanna the best in whatever they decide to do with their relationship. It's their personal business but I hope that they both continue to be at the top of their games musically, because F.A.M.E. and Talk That Talk were two of the best albums of 2011. 


Here are just two examples of some lyrics from both Chris Brown & Rihanna's latest albums:

  • Chris Brown "She Ain't You"

I never wanted us to break upNo not this wayBut you don't understand it girlWhen she touches me, I'm wishing that they were your handsAnd when I'm with her its only 'bout the sexWith you I had a bad romance

  • Rihanna "Fool In Love"
You’ll see a monsterI see a smile
You say it’s danger and I’m in denial
But somehow I feel so safe right now 
So I guess I’m a fool, I’m a fool in love
But I’m willing to stay here and bask in the glory of his heart
I guess I’m a fool in love but I’m willing to look so stupid
Till I’ve had enough

Here is Rihanna's video for her Talk That Talk first single, "We Found Love", which includes a Chris Brown look-a-like and displays a couple's volatile relationship (sound familiar?). It also features a chilling monologue:
It's like you're screaming, and no one can hear. You almost feel ashamed, that someone could be that important - that without them, you feel like nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you. And when it's over, and it's gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back - so that you could have the good.

2 comments:

mo smalley said...

I love it, keep doing ya thing.

TODD B said...

If they want to get back together they should, but they need to keep there private life private. The way they both explode on twitter and the way Chris Brown reacts in person shows they need to grow up a little. When and If they get back together in a public showing the media and fans will voice their opinions(of course) and they have to deal with it.Plus that starts another round of awkward interviews,and rumors that Rihanna got beat again Via media takeout and Wendy Williams.