Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

~Elle Shanice~ APPROVED ✔: Celebrity Engagements

The new year has brought new engagements to the public eye...and ALL of them are well-deserved in my opinion. I look forward to some BIG weddings in 2012.

First, NBA superstar Lebron James proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Savannah Brinson and the first thing that I thought was IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!

I'm a BIG fan of Lebron's since he got to the NBA and I even had a crush on him for years. When I saw his beautiful girlfriend Savannah for the first time on Oprah a few years ago, I thought that they made a cute couple. I like Savannah & even follow her on Twitter.

I'm glad that he FINALLY proposed to her because I know he has been getting a lot of criticism outside of basketball. With his friends Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony getting married, I'm sure he was feeling a little pressure.

They have two children together and it was just time to take that next step. I'm happy that Savannah got her ring and I hope that Lebron can get a ring of his own. I wish them the best.

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin announced that she was engaged to her longtime partner William Wilkerson.  I'm happy for Aretha, who has always been shy about talking about her love life, which is REFRESHING in entertainment.

In the BIGGEST plot twist aka engagement of all, "Love and Hip Hop" star Jim Jones FINALLY proposed to girlfriend of seven years, Chrissy Lampkin. Even though the engagement was on-camera, I'm still happy for these two.

Chrissy is by far my favorite on the show, and I feel that she deserves it the most. She has been with Jim for seven years and they do not have any children, which is RARE because a baby = a paycheck (sad but true), and she puts up with his mess like nothing I have ever seen.

It was obvious on the show that she loves him (she proposed to HIM) but it was clearly taking it's toll on her emotionally. She had to go to Miami to try and take her mind off of it, and that's when Jim surprised her with the proposal. It seems like the trip was just what was needed to get Jim to act right and make the move. He obviously looked up and didn't see Chrissy there and it made him realize that it was time to propose.

Congratulations to all three couples from ~Elle Shanice~...I wish them nothing but the BEST!!!!! 

Here is the video from Jim's proposal to Chrissy on "Love and Hip Hop":


Get More: Love And Hip Hop

No comments: