Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Get Your Money Right" Hip Hop Summit

I attended the "Get Your Money Right" Hip Hop Summit @ Greensboro Coliseum today & I had a great time and learned a lot about becoming financially stable. Russell Simmons, MC Lyte, Rosci (from 106&Park), DJ Drama, and a few others were on hand to give their tips about managing money.

I talked to Rocsi and she was more open to questions & conversation that I thought she would be. Russell Simmons left really quick after the event, & I was unable to get a picture with him, but I did get some with DJ Drama & Dr. Ben Chavis, the Co-Chairman of the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network.

I got the chance to talk to MC Lyte, one of the pioneers of hip hop as we know it today. She is a really smart & cool lady, to whom I have dedicated the theme music of the blog.
I asked the question:

What a
dvice would you give to young women who are going out into the workforce and into the real world in general & have goals and dreams that they want to accomplish???



















& of course I hit up the RED CARPET :-)

No comments: