Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

~Elle Shanice~ APPROVED ✔: Bruno Mars

Last night, I just happened to be flipping through the channels when I stumbled across Bruno Mars performing on SNL. He was singing one of my favorite songs right now, "Just the Way You Are", which is #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 right now. I really enjoyed his performance and his stage presence, plus his band was great also.

This performance did what it was supposed to: made me interested in him as an artist and made me want to listen to some more of his music. I also liked the other song that he performed called "Grenade", which is the 1st song on his album. I listened to the rest of the album and I think that it is one of the best of the year, especially from a new artist. I felt alot of doo-wop influence in songs like "Runaway Love", which is obvious from the title of the title.

Some of my favorite songs from the album show a vulnerable side of him, which made me like him even more. The song "Talking to the Moon" was especially sweet to me, because he was singing about lost love and "Our First Time" is my favorite song because of it's slow groove and his voice is even better.

I was first introduced to Bruno Mars when he was featured on the song "Nothin On You" by B.O.B. I remember seeing the video & not reallly thinking much of him, other than he was really CUTE. However, his first single off of his album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, began to grow on me. Every time I listened to "Just the Way You Are", it made it's way into my heart because of the sweet lyrics & made me wish that he was singing to me.

I look forward to seeing what he was in store for the future and I hope that I can go see him if he comes to NYC on tour one day. Bruno Mars...You are ~Elle Shanice~ APPROVED


No comments: