Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What Else Does This Man Have To Do????

Last week, Michael Vick signed a 1-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. He will be eligible to play in the final two preseason games as well as participate in team meetings and practices.

I had been hearing on ESPN that Vick was close to signing a deal with an NFL team, and all of the commentators said that it probably would not happen. Then as I was watching the Steelers vs. Cardinals rematch game, they announced that Vick had signed with the Eagles.

I have to admit that I was shocked because I was not sure that it would happen either. I applaud the Eagles though, for taking a chance on him and at least seeing how it will turn out. However, it was almost immediate that people starting putting their 2 cents into the situation.

My opinion is simple: HE DID HIS TIME, SO LET HIM PLAY!!!!! Football is his way of life, the way that he makes a living. He spent almost 2 YEARS in jail, sitting and thinking about what he had done. He did not make any money at all and he is entitled to make money for his family (what EVERY man is supposed to do).

I do not know what else people want him to do. He is working with PETA and other animal groups and has shown remorse for the most part. I still cannot believe that people think that he should not play & that they are trippin' off of some dogs. I know that dog fighting is technically against the law, but it is not like he killed hundreds of people. Ben Rothlisberger was accused of rape and it was not like he faced charges, but the critisicm and coverage of it pailed in comparison. Also, when Manny Ramirez violated the MLB Substance Abuse Policy and was given a 50-game suspension, he was still able to work out & even play baseball for minor league teams!!!

I know that the first game that he plays in is going to be crazy and people are going to be heckling him, but if the Commissioner thinks he can play, then he should.

No comments: