Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Joel Osteen is My Pastor


"Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."
-Philippians 4:6

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Since it is the Lord's day, I would like to talk today about how much I love my "pastor", Joel Osteen. Being that I do not have a church home here in Greensboro, I usually go to church with a friend or watch Joel Osteen, in addition to praying and reading the Bible.

I have to say that I watch Joel Osteen's sermons from Lakewood church more than I watch any other show. I do not miss him on any given Sunday & I think that he has a special way of preaching that keeps my interest. I like the way that he preaches, he doesn't overdo it or scream at you to get the message across. I have him on my podcast too, so whenever I watch it on TV, I can plug in my ipod the next day & get the sermon. I watch him enough to say that I attend Lakewood church...LOL.

I even have a copy of the quote that they say in my Bible...
“This is my Bible. I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have. I can do what it says I can do. Today I will be taught the word of God. I boldly confess my mind is alert, my heart is receptive; Ill never be the same. In Jesus name!"

I remember when I first heard about him. I think that someone was watching him & I just sat & watched too. He got me with his stories that he tells at the beginning. I appreciate his preaching style, and even the way that he tries to reach the masses with books & podcasts. His sermons have inspired me in many ways...to NOT give up & give every trying situation to God & let him handle it.

Some people might say that he is trying to make money off of the Lord, and I say...DUH!!! Every pastor in America gets a paycheck that comes from tithes & offerings or something. Also, I think that people hate on him because he has a church that was made from an arena. That place is PACKED every week, and above everything else, it is just the ability to reach more people at one time.
My favorite sermon that he has done was #422 - You Can Have the Last Laugh. In this sermon, he taught me that God has a plan for us to succeed even when we're treated unfairly. Our human nature wants to fix things on our own; getting even with someone, repaying evil for evil, but that's not God's plan. It was EXACTLY what I needed that morning.

It seems like every time I watch Joel Osteen, he has a message that I need to hear at that time. I hope to one day be able to go visit the Lakewood church & meet him so I can tell him how much he has helped me with my faith & other situations in my life. He is an inspirational pastor and he is doing a great job :)

No comments: