Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Solange's SCREEEEEAM 4 Attention!!!!!

<-----Is it just me or am I witnessing an unneeded trend here??? A few posts back, I discussed the string of R&B singers cutting their hair & whether or not they are trendsetters or "attention whores". I did not in any way, shape, or form, think that any of them would pull a "Britney Spears" & shave their heads...but here comes SOLANGE!!!!! The fact of the matter is that this is a trend right now and if she was the 1st one to do it instead of the 15th, it would be cool. I just don't know if she felt like doing her or doing what everyone else is doing :( At first glance, I would just think that she was trying something new (yet unusual). However, when I think about it, she has ALWAYS been overshadowed by her older sister, and this is the prime example of "SCREAMING FOR ATTENTION".

She will always be under Beyonce's shadow, and while it is not her fault & she actually makes good music, she just made the kind of mistakes that either excels careers or brings them crashing to the ground. Which one will it be?????

1 comment:

EmDee510 said...

Now as a young lady who is transitioning from relaxed to natural hair I know that when some women shave/cut their hair off its for hair care purposes and too get rid of the relaxed ends. However in Solange's case I do believe it was for the attention. I mean I have her album and I love it. But compare that with her first album and you would think it was two different people! I don't know who's style she jacked this time around but I just don't believe that she is all original! As for her hair I think its kinda cute and I think her hair has been this short for a while. I saw a pic a few years back where she was on vacation and it was pretty close to her head. Who knows tho! (on another note...Love your blog!)