Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

R&B Divas Starving for Attention???

What is up with Cassie cutting her hair off like this??? And Rihanna getting tattoos and moving from man to man (Drake to Kanye to WHOEVER)???

Are they starving for attention or is Beyonce' killing it so bad that they have to pull a publicity stunt or keep the internet buzz of Mediatakeout.com (SHOUT OUT)???

I am not opposed to changing up your look & switching it up a bit. However, I happen to believe that making a drastic change (like cutting off ALL the hair on the right side of your head) is a SCREEEEEEAM out for attention.

For example, the fact that Diddy has been romantically linked to Cassie but seems to still be (on & off again) with Kim Porter, one of his "baby-mamas" (& the ONLY one I saw him marrying). Not only is that a conflict of interest (Cassie is still, after all, signed to Bad Boy), but her sophomore album keeps getting "pushed back" just as her romance with Diddy seems to be blooming.

They have been seen together more and more lately. Unfortunately, I can't say that about her career though :( & don't get me started on Diddy's streak of "pimping artists out" (Does the name "Bad Boy Records" ring a bell...anyone???)

Now, I have to give Rihanna some slack because she did go through a traumatic experience. No matter what happened in that car, Chris should not have put his hands on her. I have been rockin' with Rihanna for a long time since "Pon de Replay" & Music of the Sun & she is the ONLY one who can give Bey a run for her money as far as crossover appeal.

That being said, I can see if she cut her hair off & change up her look, but dressing half-naked, getting tattoos and dating every other black musician right now (Drake, Kanye, Pharell, etc.) on top of trying to get back with Chris Brown (aka Ike Turner) is NOT a good look.

Now as far as Ciara goes, I actually like her new haircut, but I still think that she is starving for attention because of her lackluster sales of the latest album, Fantasy Ride. So far, the album has sold only 159,563 copies in the United States, and over 250,000 copies worldwide. I happen to like the album too, but that doesn't change that it is not selling :( I wasn't a fan of hers @ 1st, but she got me with "Oh" (damn Ludacris...lol)

No comments: