Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tiny Needs to Get From Under T.I. While She Has The Chance

I found myself watching an episode of Tiny & Toya where Tiny was dealing with the effects of T.I.'s imprisonment & I have to admit, I shed a little tear when I saw her emotions when talking about it.

She spoke about wanting to work on her music again, but was worried about T.I. getting upset. Apparently, she is well taken care of & he has "insisted" (more like demanded) her to not work. I guess he said that he didn't want her to work b/c "she is his woman".

First of all, an engagement ring is NOT a wedding ring. He is not her husband & has no right to make demand of her like that. She said it herself; she was well off before she met him & she obviously has some songwriting and singing talent left.

Secondly, he is in JAIL...not on tour or in the studio. He should have thought about her & the family before he went & bought illegal machine guns & silencers (for whatever reason).

My friend Namon gave some interesting insight into the Tiny situation on his FB status:
I wish people would quit hatting on Tiny. Especially females...Cuz she does things alot of females, especially black females fail to do nowadays: That's Hold Her Man TiP down.

That made me think about my feelings of Tiny for a minute. She does stand by her man no matter what, but at what cost??? I don't think that it is fair to her to keep from doing something that she loves to do & has a passion for on account of her man (not HUSBAND). If he really cared about her, he would allow her to pursue whatever she wanted, even if she didn't need to. If she says that she wants to get from under the stereotype of being a "hip-hop" girlfriend, then she has to make her own name.

No comments: