Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Tiny & Toya: The "Ghetto" Housewives of Hip-hop???

First of all, I want to say that I am all for people telling their personal stories because I feel that I have one & would love it if people wanted to hear it or see it come to life on TV. But if I was gonna get my own show, I would make sure to portray myself in the best light and @ least make sure I was able to talk good.

That being said, I think that BET is continuing its downward spiral of a negative portrayal of my generation of Black people. I hate to use the word "ghetto" but that is the ONLY word that comes to mind. I have nothing against anyone's particular situation, but sometimes you have to think about whether or not to show every aspect of your life to the world. Its not my show & I can't tell them what or what not to show, but if I were Tiny or Toya, I would have done some things differently, and I have only seen one episode.

Tiny needs to talk better because she has young children who can be easily influenced. She also needs to get from up under T.I. because she obviously has some talent and money b/c Xscape was not just any kind of group. She needs to improve upon that before she has nothing to do but be his "baby mama" (& unfortunately not wife). She disappointed me when she was @ the BET awards and accepted his award, proceeding to speak without thinking of how she sounded.

Now Toya, on the other hand, needs to either get back with Lil' Wayne or get a dating show b/c that's all it looks like she is gonna talk about. And I appreciate her trying to get her mother out of doing drugs, but I wouldn't have a cussin' out screaming match with my mama in the middle of the street.

I was hoping that the show was gonna turn out better than the commercials (which were another story) and I saw a few glimmers of hope, but it seems like its gonna get the "ghetto housewives of hip-hop".

No comments: