Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Thoughts on Chris Brown's Apology

I am sooooo over this Chris Brown/Rihanna situation!!!!! Just when I was about to forget all about it, hear comes "Breezy" with a video statement (why soooo late???) on Youtube of ALL places.

I understand that he was told by his lawyers to refrain from speaking, but I still think that there were other ways (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that he could have expressed his "sincere" apologies and in a more timely fashion. I am not going to say that I forgive him because he did not hit me...

...but I will say that I believe that he is sorry for his actions, especially after not receiving jail time for what he did (even though he was not going to jail anyways b/c he was a 1st time offender). I am glad that he is able to accept responsibility for it, which is what a GROWN MAN should do. We all make mistakes, but it is up to us to not make excuses, take responsibility & ask for forgiveness, which is what he did.

I had a small soft spot for the message when he talked about making people proud of him & him letting them down. He said that he is blessed with talent & fans who support him (me included). The only thing that he can do now is serve out his sentence & probation, while continuing to make music. I am sure that if he makes a hot record, the radio will play it after some time passes.

FOR THE RECORD: I do believe that NO man should EVER hit a woman under ANY circumstances. I also believe that we do not know what happened in that car that night & she could have said anything to set him off like that. Both should take responsibility (which is probably why she didn't wanna press charges against him).

P.S: Be prepared if you are really gonna go on Oprah for an interview. She was really mad @ you for that whole situation & she is liable to go OFF if you go on there talking crazy!!!

I'm just saying...

Here it is for you to watch & make your own judgement...

No comments: