Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sarah Palin...My Personal Enigma


Enigma: a person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand; a riddle or paradox

First off...please take a few moments to read an editorial that I wrote for the "award-winning" A&T Register that was published on September 24, 2008. This will give a little background on my feelings about the soon-to-be former Governor of Alaska:

http://www.ncatregister.com/theword/the-grass-is-much-greener-on-the-other-side-sarah-palin-1.1143274

Now that you see how I feel about this hypocritical politician (but is there any other form...SMH), you may know that she has recently stepped down as Governor of Alaska, effective July 26. If I were her, I would have made it effective IMMEDIATELY in order to keep from making any more mistakes that could impede my successor's experience. But I still cannot conceive a rational reason why she would quit.

Obviously, she has some balls to do the job, as she did when she was running for VP. She didn't quit then, and she should not have quit now. How is that supposed to look when you were trying to be Vice-President of the United States and a heartbeat away from the presidency (LITERALLY...because no one really knew how long McCain would last).

Let's just take a look @ the press conference where she made the announcement. (By the way, I am NOT a fan of Fox News, but that is for another post & they had the best YouTube video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tnUvtjaaY

First of all, I can't even believe she knows that much about the history of the United States. Or was it just a quick briefing before or reading a teleprompter....who's to say??? Secondly, I got so aggravated by those little sayings that she used in the campaign and in the press conference, like "maverick" or "politics as usual" (Just to let you know Sarah, your running mate is the very embodiment of "politics as usual").

If you love Alaska so much, why did you accept the nomination for VP? If you had won, you would have a LOT more to worry about than Alaska. And if you are gonna be the US VP candidate, you have to know that the media (good and bad) wil be up in your face trying to get the dirt. And if you didn't have any dirt (i.e. a pregnant teenage daughter), you would not have anything to worry about.

I am not mad @ her for choosing to take the path that leads to book deals & money. Honestly, if someone came to me with a book deal offer, I would take it. But she should have finished out her term as governor and said that she would not be seeking re-election.

She did make a point that I agree with and will be acting upon in my last year @ A&T, which was "I don't need a title in order to make a difference; to help & serve the people". But what she failed to realize is that quitting an ELECTED office without finishing your term is not helping the people of Alaska either.

FOR THE RECORD: If she runs for President in 2012 & WINS...I am moving to Canada. All I need is a coat because they have the NBA, McDonalds and MTV so I would be GOOD...LOL :)

No comments: